Re: Stats on ESPN

A couple other things jumped out at me from the box
score:

1) we are going to get demolished inside this year if
McDyess, Thomas and Harrington can post a collective
47 points and 35 rebounds. hello, interior defense??
let's get those big softies in from the three-point
line. I have a feeling we're going to continue to get
outrebounded.

2) it is pretty sad when Antoine Walker goes 5 for 11
and the Celtics still shoot 39% as a team. that could
become an ugly trend.

3) I'll tell you what jumped out at me from Kedrick's
line: 3 steals in 20 minutes. I'd be perfectly happy
for him to develop into a more athletic Bruce
Bowen/Michael Cooper, even if his offense comes along
slowly.

4) I would like to see Baker keep coming off the
bench. I'd rather see Shammond start, though, because
I think Delk is better suited to be that
sparkplug-off-the-bench, and Shammond has a better
handle. (Look at Williams' numbers from last year; he
could easily match Kenny's point production given just
26 mpg. I know that doesn't mean he'll match Kenny's
other contributions, but he and/or Delk should easily
average double figures, and that's something we
haven't had very often in a fourth - or even third -
scorer.)

5) Bruno Sundov is 7'2 and grabbed ZERO rebounds??

All that being said, it's nice the C's could play
relatively poorly and still comfortably beat the
Knicks. Yeah, no Sprewell or Houston, but then again,
Antoine and Paul only played 26 and 24 mins,
respectively.
http://faith.yahoo.com