Re: You know what's amazing?

> ---------- Initial message -----------
> "Way Of The Ray" <wayray@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
> 3DA214D3.363991C3@ix.netcom.com">news:3DA214D3.363991C3@ix.netcom.com...
> > And that's the fact that there isn't one other team
in the NBA that would have Eric Williams or Tony Delk as
a starter. Think about that.
> > Even the scrub teams like Cleveland or Denver would
take a pass at having either of those two in the starting
lineup.
> > Ray

The curious thing is that Ray says here EWill and Delk
are looked on like garbage, which in 24 hours flip flops
his previous unsubstantiated post that another NBA team
is on the verge of trading both Eddie Robinson AND Jamal
Crawford for them.

I believe there is more validity in his new stance. Eric
Williams likely still has roughly the trade value of a
Bryant Stith (wherever he is these days). Which is
another way of saying that EW is much more valuable to
the Celtics team (particularly now that he is healthy)
than in terms of his hypothetical trade value.

Im looking forward to seeing how this reportedly in
shape and healthy E Will plays tonight. For one thing,
its the first since his rookie campaign to see him come
to camp in top condition.

While on the subject, Im eagerly looking out for a few
other things tonight:

1) Id like to monitor how often the Celtics (the
captains particularly) look to Vin Baker when hes open.
Maybe as a result of visible trends during the week of
HealthPoint scrimmages (this is sheer conjecture), Vin
Baker has now backed off from the idea of getting his
scoring back up to Eastern All Star level. Now, hes
talking down his scoring upside and saying that his
success will be measured by team performance.

There's nothing wrong with that, maybe thats just the
reality. Given the style of team he plays on, Id be very
happy with the same 13-14 ppg, provided he ups his
rebounding and plays with high energy. Well see a bit
tonight how much emphasis and willingness there is to
integrate him into the offense.

Shammond: This player reportedly hit 27 straight 3-
pointers in a workout this summer. There's no other word
for that but "wow". Its not at all a simple matter of
being a gym rat. An NBA 3-pointer isn't just a flick of
the wrist like a FT, particularly for a 6-1 guy. I think
it requires an innate marksmans talent (stress on the
word "talent") to adjust your range as your wrists and
triceps slightly fatigue etc. That's just brilliant
shooting. But of course, Id love to see this level of
poise and concentration demonstrated in an actual game
situations, along with many other things from Shammond in
terms of PG court awareness. And, of course, we should
watch his defense. Im not sure I completely trust what
I've been reading (to me, there MUST be a better
explanation for why he rode the bench last year).

Kedrick: Something tells me this season wont be the
grand coming out party we hope for. But now at 21 years
old, it would be very satisfactory if he can just put
up rookie numbers like the first-year versions of
similar players at that age (e.g. McGrady or Kobes raw
rookie numbers). If Kedrick can hit 40% of his treys like
Obie says he does, plus play the defense hes capable of,
I cant see him NOT getting 20-25 minutes on this team.

And I dont feel its appropriate to project him as a
guard, and judge his weaknesses on that basis. Instead, I
view him as a guy we hope will replicate Rodney Rogers
role: a big physical shooter that you can safely leave
out there even against top opposition scorers and sixth
men. I think we'll see a lot of him this year.

Overall, Im starting to believe Boston has a team that
will look deceptively awesome in stretches, whenever they
are in synch. A team that can shoot three pointers this
well (throw in the names of Pierce, Delk, Walker, Sundov
Music, Wysiwig and the rest) can run up the lead quickly
or come back from deficits in a hurry. Theyll live by it
and die by it, naturally, but you might see some huge
blowout games that make you wonder how great this team
is.

If they used a regular season player rotation, the
Celtics could be a good 25 points better than tonight's
Knicks lineup on some nights. And I'm not underestimating
the Knicks either. The last time he played, McDyess
averaged over 12 rebounds for the season and took a bad
team to 40 wins out West. The guy is a destroyer.

But Bostons team perimeter shooting may finally be as
good as any NBA team well see in the league. It won't
just be chucking it up there because that's the game plan
(right or wrong). It will be chucking it up because they
are GOOD.

I only wish that Boston shows a greater semblance of
teamwork on offense this year, like they did on defense
last year. I'm not even sure that will happen. We'll see.

Go Celtics!

Joe H.

L'e-mail gratuit pas comme les autres.
NOMADE.FR, pourquoi chercher ailleurs ?