Way of the Ray: You know what's amazing?

You what else is amazing?  That a bulletin board for a fan base of a team has
you on it.  Has Chicken Little resurfaced with a keyboard and modem?

Ray, it's not just that you look at that bad side of things, but that it's
constant.  If a year ago you ran the Celts and realized that you can't afford
Duncan, Kandi, and both O'Neals are spoken for, maybe you roll the dice on Vin
Baker after a dozen covert conversations and some research.  Maybe you realize
that the PGs won't have anybody but Vin to pass to at this point, so you buy 3
for a dollar.  Maybe you stink at draft picks, but you've got two for next
year and the whole league is tossing off good players for short money.

Maybe that's where the Celts are at.  Yeah, EWill and Delk don't start for any
other team, but if Baker's decent, you've got three solid All-Stars, two
approaching their primes and the third with something to prove, and that's a
pretty solid base.  Some PGs will want to come here because they KNOW what
they can add to the team, and if we get ONE benefit from this season, it's
making the playoffs AND more distributed scoring.  When that happens, the PGs
will not be hard to pick up with the money we'll have to spend.

BTW, let's realize something about Baker.  He's either completely insane, or,
he went to left a Milwaukee team that didn't get better without him, went to
Seattle and had a decent season, then got fat during a lockout when he was
bored and lonely.  When the situation got bad, it got worse.

There's every reason to think that Vin KNOWS how important it is to his life
and happiness to gain respect here.  This is where he wants to be.  He doesn't
even want to go into Boston until he's proud of his contributions here.
That's some motivation.  Annd if he's committed, honestly, don't you think
he'll do well against Doleac, MacCulloch, and even Mutombo?
3DA214D3.363991C3@ix.netcom.com">news:3DA214D3.363991C3@ix.netcom.com...