Re: League Pass

Ummm...the $159 IS the early bird rate. The prices went up this year. The normal cost is now $179. This per the letter from my cable provider.

I called them today, and got someone who at least knew what I was talking about. I think the problem is actually traceable to the NBA itself--neither cable nor satellite providers have been given ANY info--at least not at the customer contact level. Those of you with satellites should call back and have the matter sent to a marketing supervisor, so they can work with the rep to have the package added to the account NOW. I recommend the same for cable users.

Traditionally, both on cable and satellite, the League pass has shown several--but NOT ALL--of the preseason games. Historically, I would call in the renewal myself, and not wait for the automated system, which does not kick in until the regular season starts. To make matters worse, locally, they're doing a free preview of the pass until Nov 5. My provider is supposed to call me back later today to confirm things--and if they don't I still have time tomorrow to go over there and hit them over the head with a stuffed Snoopy. The three-foot-tall one that I need two hands to pick up.

Snoopy the Celtics Beagle