Re: Interesting Internet Trade Rumor

In a message dated 10/5/02 6:01:12 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
wayray@ix.netcom.com writes:

> I have it on very good authority that the Celtics were in deep discussions
> with the Chicago Bulls about trading Eric Williams and Tony Delk with a
> first round draft pick (to be the better of the two that the Celtics have
> in this years NBA Draft) for Eddie Robinson and Jamal Crawford.
> (It works cap wise.)

"Were" in deep discussions with the Bulls but are no longer?  Also, why would
 Chicago be giving up on Robinson after they only just signed him last year?
Robinson is signed through 2006 at a hefty meal ticket ($31M plus). The C's
would in essence be basically giving up on Kedrick with that deal as those
two represent a duplication of sorts.

And what if Philly doesn't make the playoffs and there is only but one draft
pick?

CeltsSteve