in defense of big men

with all due respect, this is one of the dumbest things I've ever
seen posted on the Celtics list.

"Kobe has skills. I mean a guy like AI can do some amazing things
on the court. The best a guy like Duncan can do is "pass like a guard"
or "shoot like a guard". Yawn. Nothing I hate more then big stiffs. Lucky
for the Celtics Baker isn't a real center anyway... I think he is 6'9' -
6'10"
only though he is still referred to as a seven footer. Hehe. Baker does have

some skills."

First of all, anyone who knows the first thing about basketball knows that
pivot play is far and away the hardest thing to learn, and in fact most big
men
don't develop, even with intensive coaching, until their senior year in
college,
if then.  The "skills" you are talking about are available to everyone who
plays
pick up ball in a playground.  It's just this kind of thinking -- i.e. that
dribbling
and shooting are the only skills worth having -- that is ruining the game.
Tim
Duncan is a far more skilled player than Allen Iverson, in my opinion.  AI
carries the ball on every possession, and shoots contorted fallaway shots
that
somehow fall.  That's not skill, just talent.

As for that business about Baker being 6'10, you don't shoot or block shots
with
your scalp.  Baker is a true pivot.  That's better than a 7-foot goon any
day.

Josh