Go Celts

I like what I'm seeing in this morning's papers. His
point guard philosophy is yet to be proven, but Obie
certainly shows an ability to communicate with NBA
players.

I hope there is continued heavy coverage of training
camp. The current second unit needs to establish
themselves against a starting five that seems sure to be
very cohesive and that, no doubt, wants to help each
other to keep their jobs at any cost (Eric and Delk being
the most vulnerable).

I think the bench unit is pretty intriguing, if totally
unproven, with good passing ability and bonafide size up
front (Sundov and Baker), two hopeful starter/sixth man
candidates in Kedrick Brown and Shammond Williams (I wish
them both well), plus Walter McCarty.

I particularly am intrigued by what Obie had to say to
the two foreign players: Sundov Music and Wolkowyski &
Soda.

I recall that Chris Wallace had told Josh this summer
that the "enforcer" role (Potapenko) was overrated, yet
Obie seems to not mind seeing his captain get whacked if
need be (see below). I hope they don't take him TOO
seriously, or that something important isn't lost in
translation.

Another feeling I have is "welcome to the REAL NBA, Ruben
Sandwich Boy". That USA pickup team he played in Indy was
a whole different thing. He may start for Argentina, but
he'll need to show more talent to play at this level.

(cut&pasted)
"Newcomers Bruno Sundov and Ruben Wolkowyski got their
first lesson in the importance of defense when Antoine
Walker sliced through the lane untouched for an easy
layup. At which point O'Brien yelled, ''If you're going
to play for this team, you can't let the guy get to the
rim.'' The coach added that he would expect a Sundov or a
Wolkowyski to knock down a player who drives to the
basket in a game.
L'e-mail gratuit pas comme les autres.
NOMADE.FR, pourquoi chercher ailleurs ?