Re: Chaos Prevails During First Day Of Training Camp As Baker Injures Pinky

On Tuesday, October 1, 2002, at 06:10 PM, Douglas342@aol.com wrote:

No, what has happened is that now that there are Celtics in uniform, Ray has reappeared in his other incarnation: the anti-Celtic who can't find one thing at all to like about the team and who will not engage in a dialogue when he is wrong. Celtics win 25 in a row? Ray will wait til they lose one and tell us how they suck. He does this every year and then vanishes, only to re-emerge during the offseason in his other guise, that of the wise NBA insider who knows every story before anyone else.
Actually, Doug, I'm well aware of Way/Ray/Kai/Mr. Ghost's antics during the season. I agree with your assessment. It's a pattern that has been repeated for lo, these many years.

I am not a frequent poster here and do not generally get into the wars that erupt from time to time. I never commented publicly on the events that led to Greg's temporary banishment. I haven't commented on Lance's flood of posts and his anti-Pierce bent. Just doesn't bother me that much.
That's cool. Many others are bothered by people who barge in here and start throwing crap around, but it's certainly not a requirement, by any means. My earlier post was not only about Way/Ray/Kai/Mr. Ghost's post, but also about the recent spate of namecalling and personal grudgery that abounds. Not my cup of tea. I wish that people who come here from other email lists, or boards, or what-have-you would keep their personal bugs in their behinds on those areas, and not bring them here. Lately, the list has been short on info, high on bandwidth waste. But, as you seem to say, this is always the case in the offseason. When we have games to discuss, many of the really good posters will begin to post regularly again. At least, I hope so. The offseason sucks, imo.

But I have had it with Ray and am now deleting every one of his posts without reading them. Period. I don't want to hear his negative spin and I don't need his inside information, thank you.
Agreed. I still give a cursory glance every now and again, but for the most part, you've described my way of dealing with it, as well.

     Sorry to vent.  I now revert to lurk mode.
You're entitled. I hope you're not limiting yourself to lurking, as I enjoy your take on things. Sometimes I agree, other times, not so much, but it's always interesting. That's the kind of thing I'm on the list for, and, for the most part, during the season, we get it. I guess I'm just a little fed up with the normal offseason tomfoolery. I'm actually pretty hopeful the list will re-emerge as an effective tool for information and discussion. It always has in the past.

Bird