feelin good about our Celts

I just want say that I am very pleasantly surprised
about how good our Celts are to this point. I have
been away in Europe for the past 5 seasons, working
for our Armed Forces. This season is the first I have
gotten to see Walker, Pierce and OBies' strategy of
"long range carpet bombing of the enemy" type of
basketball. Now I was was raised on listening to
Cousey announcing HC games, thus of the mind set of
traditional BBall, working the ball for a high
percentage shot, thats how I played (when I still was
young enough to be relevant on the court); but as much
as I cringe when contested 3s are taken with time
enough to work for a better shot, I am convinced that
for this team as it is constructed is playing to its
strengths when spreading the floor and firing open
look 3s. OBrien should get at least as much credit for
this as he does criticism for when it does not work
out well from time to time.

Walker appears to be handling the dual duties of point
pwr forward and scorer pretty well thus far if you can
get past the vision of your pwr forward setting up on
offense outside the arch. His numbers may not look as
good as mabe as in the past, but he doing what the
team needs to be successful. Seems to be a leader.

After the first two games (my first seeing Pierce
play)I was worried about Pierce forcing his offense 1
on 3 during crunch time, but since then has been
passing out of those situations for easy shots, He is
starting to see the light in that respect. He is truly
a stud that cannot be stopped 1 on 1.

Delk and S Williams are pure snipers, Battie is better
than what I had been led to believe. Time with these
three make Pierce and Walker more dangerous because
now they have options to pass out of double/triple
teams to that will burn you if you leave them alone.
On top of the offense they bring decent defense (E
Williams also)to the game.

The bench play is developing. I say this because I
think as soon as Baker adjusts to the role of
rebounder and garbage around the bucket type of
offense, and Celts style of defense, he will be OK.
(if we can ignore his contract implications).

All in all this is not a bad team, I dont know if we
can call the Celts a treat to hang another Banner this
year, but who knows. They must be nite-mares for other
teams to prepare for. Also next year do they have 2
number one draft picks? If so I am Bull-ish (pardon
the reference)about our Celts.

Regman
http://mailplus.yahoo.com