Jimmy Myers is back. "The Bird is the Word."

	First, the good news: Dallas went in to the Meadowlands and whipped
the "Devils." Ooops, I mean the "Nets." This should reassure all of us
and especially important, the team, that the loss to Dallas, which
punctured our 6 game winning streak, veil of invincibility, is not that
big a deal. There are a lot of teams that can't contend with the
Mavericks  and we won't have to either, unless, of course, it's  in the
finals. That loss last night, as an ego piercing stiletto, imho, more
than the back to back, in another time zone, issue, led to our defeat
tonight.
	It was predictable. Milwaukee hung tough and almost gutted out a win
against a higher rated team, in their house (Indiana) and came home to
their adoring fans, while we arrived hangdog and haggard, from the
travel and being embarrassed in front of our home crowd.
	The bad news, of course, is we lost. Looking at the box (I didn't get
to see the game), I was disappointed in the lack of assists, mostly,
and the lack of bench production, secondly. To get to the next level,
of teams taken seriously, as title contenders, we will need a lot more
passing, especially from Walker, to compensate for the lack of  a point
guard and better production from Baker, down low, to compensate for
Walker's presence on the perimeter, directing the offense. This is
O'Brien's plan and I'll bear with him, until he's proven wrong, but
Walker can not be down low; scoring and rebounding and up on the three
point line, at the same time. We need rebounding and easy baskets in
the paint and with all of the money spent on Baker, it means that if it
doesn't come from him, it isn't going to happen, for five years.
	The erstwhile point guards, in 48 minutes tonight, shot 2-14, with 5
assists and 5 points  and had  no luck with Sam Cassell, who made his
living at the foul line. Kenny could have done better than that, LOL,
while perhaps, getting Tony Battie a few more shots and why did Baker
only play 15 minutes? With 7 points and 4 rebounds, it seems as if he
was pretty effective? When will O'Brien play Battie, Baker and Walker,
together, on the front line?
	If you like articulate, knowledgeable and enthusiastic; try Jimmy
Myers: "Celtics Rewind" show, after the games, on 1510 "The Zone."
	I called tonight to renew old acquaintances and was given free tickets
by the producer, before even getting on the air. Now that's friendly!
	Once I was able to speak to Jimmy, it got even better.  I reminded him
of a conversation we had at least five years ago, when he was on WEEI,
on  the left end of  the dial, I believe and he went right up on me. He
not only remembered it, but gave me the credit for getting Marques
Haynes inducted into the hall  of Fame, which was the purpose of that
call, at the time (Of course, it was Jimmy and the exposure he gave me
and the follow up conversations he had with the powerful people that I
had no contact with, that might have raised the attention to that great
and under appreciated player, as I'd been tooting Haynes' horn for
years, with no movement at all). It was great  to hear that Jimmy, not
only remembered me, but also remembered that the call generated a lot
of interest, which in turn, motivated the old timers committee to act.
	Jimmy said he's going to try and get Marques Haynes on his show. Wow!
Would I love to sit in on that!
	While Bob Cousy is considered the father of the modern point guard
position, the man I first saw, cooking all of that "French Pastry,"
(Creole style-Musty), was Haynes.  If you remember, the Globetrotters,
at the time of Cousy's graduation, played a long (24 games, I think)
series, across the country, each year, with the college all-stars (the
Trotters would win about 20) and although I don't know that Cousy has
ever mentioned it, I'll bet he was influenced by Haynes. Now that would
be a show, Jimmy, to get "Cooz" and Marques on together!
	The other thing we talked about was the ridiculous; Larry Bird vs Dirk
Nowitzki debate, that is raging  among C's fans. While Cedrick Maxwell
( a little envy Max?) came out for Dirk, Jimmy, said he'd take Larry.
We reinforced each other's opinion, by bringing up Bird's will to win,
which might only have been exceeded by the "Man" himself, Bill Russell.

		JB

	Unchain My Heart !