Just move on to next game

Well, we got whooped. The Mavs played an extended zone with two 7 footers,
Bradley and Noviski, in the low blocks. The Celts strategy to beat a zone has
been either to shoot threes or penetrate through the low blocks. However,
they weren't hitting their threes and the drivers, Pierce and Williams, kept
getting swallowed up by Bradley. On the defensive end, the Mavs kept hitting
killer shot after killer shot with even their week offensive links, Bradley
and Nahera able to hit on more than a few open jumpers. This really reminded
of the Net playoff series with just a few alterations.

What else could we have done? Although Bradley blocked his openning attempt,
I would have liked to see them go to Vin in the low block and see if we could
pick up some fouls on Bradley and get him out of there. That could open up
things for Walker and Pierce. It may not have made a difference the way the
Mavs were shooting but I would have hoped they would have tried that during a
playoff series. During the regular season, you can just move on to the next
game. If our threes aren't falling against other teams playing zones, I would
like to see Shammond penetrate and be able to pull up and hit the jumper at
the elbow instead of passing it back out. That is another way of beating an
extended zone, penetrate by the ended zone at the top and pull up at the free
throw line elbow for a shot before the low blocks reach you....

Also, for the loser who said Vin had another bad game, Vin had about 5
blocks. What do you want? Vin is really picking it up on the defensive end.
Early in the games, he seems to have a hard time getting past the bobbles.
But if you want points, you got to put him in a good position to score. I
don't know why they didn't post him up in the left block, his best offensive
spot on the floor. Instead, they tried a couple of times on the right block
and then forgot about him....

I don't know what it is with these refs but some of these guys like Mr. FBI
seem to pick on people that don't like. Vin, after getting shoved hard in the
back while in the air, gets a T for approaching Finley and asking, "Hey,
what's up with that Mike?" Walker gets a T for just staring at the ref after
previously getting a delay of game where he said he didn't even touch the
ball. Maybe Walker was trying to get under his skin by doing some little
things. But after watching what his Airness can get away with the refs, you
would think that they could use a more common standard....

DJessen33

DJessen33