Re: Vin Baker

Who would actually be dumb enough to take Baker? Even if he was playing extremely well, his salary is an albatross that I cant believe any team other than the Celts would be dumb enough to take. By the numbers alone (salary that is) this is worse than a Pitino deal.

Eggcentric@aol.com wrote:

< Was anyone else wondering why Baker didn't see the floor at all in the fourth quarter? Even Bremer and Wolkowyski got off the bench.
14 minutes? He has to be the highest paid player in the league per minute played. > - Tammo

The impulsive, months-ahead-of-its-necessity Anderson/Baker trade becomes curiouser and curiouser. I am now hearing rumors that we are actually trying to trade Baker... surprise, surprise.

Also, talk about sabotage. Take a look at all the helpful vet minimum FA's (some still available) we could have signed instead of McCarty, Sundov, Wolko, Bremer. Someone was mad at someone.
When time and temperament permit, I will produce a list of those who could have been our 9-12 players for like $$$$. Right now, it is too painful for me to face.

Eggy