[no subject]

It seemed that 75% of Pierce's scoring didnt involve an
official assist, because he whirled off his first
dribbles or got his bucket from the freethrow line.

Despite some stat-padding freethrows at the end, Tony
Delk had his worst game in memory. His pull-up jumpshot
seemed like a big weapon in the pre-season and opener,
but it was totally unreliable against the Knicks. As a
two guard, he is a lot more a streak shooter than machine-
like in scoring efficiency.

Delk's point guard decision-making remains weak, on two
occasions I could see. Luckily, on this team its well-
disguised. The only reason he'll ever need to make a
point guard type decision is on the fast break and broken
plays.

All I hope for is that he rediscovers consistency on the
long ball and pull-up jumper in the lane. On a team like
this, he ought to be able to spot up at a high rate of
efficiency. Shammond too, who because of his height is
looking more like an empty-gym "pure shooter" rather than
the real thing.

Baker and Battie both seem to be playing at 80% of where
they eventually will be. Both can play much better.

In my view, Baker is actually the more energetic and
efficient of the two. If Boston can get better 48-minute
production from center (meaning offensive rebounds,
blocks and high FG%) we should be in better shape.

Boston's record is deservedly 1-2. Its good we didn't
catch a break with a lucky shot at the end versus the
Bulls, because there should be no complacency after this
win.

The Celtics almost certainly ranks statistically as the
worst defensive FG% team in the league, and they need to
trim down an unsightly rebound deficit somewhere up
around -15 per game.

That means there is a VERY long way to go before the
teams stats can look presentable around polite company.
It might take until December to even out these stats, if
at all.

Boston needs to work a lot harder this week.

(But BTW, how about that Boston jinx? All I can say is
thanks to whomever it was who did an extra rosary or
slaughtered a neighbour's lambs or whatnot. What a nice
weekend to be a Boston fan. It FEELS good.)

I really hope our Celtics are off to the races now. I
hope Walker and Pierce have found their games. This week
we'll need triple double type performances, clutch
freethrow performances, fiercesome Paul Pierce shooting.
All that stuff. If none of that happens, we still need to
see them giving 100% hustle and heads up effort.

Restored team confidence has value, but this is no time
for players to relax and assume things will fall in
place. Our defense and rebounding is a monumental
embarrassment. Against the Knicks, I saw two potential
defensive rebounds bounce off the freaking floor before
any of guys reacted.

And as long as McCahty is the first forward and shooting
guard substitute off the bench, this will need to be a
team that needs to take the most humble approach to
challenges in the week ahead. We need to start winning
some games. We need that first home win.

Joe H.

L'e-mail gratuit pas comme les autres.
NOMADE.FR, pourquoi chercher ailleurs ?