three sophomores

I keep reading about our wasted draft last year.  Admittedly, I wanted JJ, Jefferson and Tinsley.  But I do not agree that we made big mistakes in drafting--only that we obviously didn't draft who O'Brien would use.  By default we have kept Kedrick; I think he will match R. Jefferson by year's end.  That's not bad, especially since he is a much better defender than Jefferson.  Johnson and Forte:  who knows?  Johnson evidently needs a coach to motivate him, but he has more skills (at a college senior's age now) than most of his rookie class.  And Forte?  Sure we should have taken Tinsley or Parker, but we don't have a point guard system.  Forte has better all around skills than any guard we have other than Pierce.  He just needs a chance.

Our choices just needed a chance and they came into the wrong system.  Why should we have drafted Radmonovich if he would be playing behind Walter?  (That's a cruelty joke).  Anyway, the point to me is that much of that draft had talent; the guys we drafted had talent; those who get a chance will do well.

I would have much preferred to see us develop our young talent than begin throwing it around the league in search of quick fixes and aging might-again-bes.  Our demise began with the trade to Phoenix.   Cheers, Gene
HotJobs - Search new jobs daily now