[no subject]

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Cecil

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Gooen [mailto:callmebogie@yahoo.com]
Sent: November 01, 2002 2:29 PM
To: celtics@igtc.com
Subject: Baker/Anderson

Mark Estepp wrote:

<<Vin Baker has some sweet spin moves, but why does he not end them with
a thunderous dunk?>>

Because he can't jump.  At least that's what it looked like last night.

<<The only way to move Anderson was to trade relative salaries in order
"reserve" the salary used above the cap.

Name one team that would take on Anderson in exchange for another guy
at the same contract level that you would want over Baker.>>

The Los Angeles Clippers, back when the A. Miller deal looked shaky.  If
Sterling really has no intention of re-signing Olowokandi and Brand, why
not attempt to pry away either by offering Anderson and his juicy expiring
deal plus one or more picks?  Sure, from a basketball perspective it
sounds ridiculous, but isn't from a Donald Sterling perspective -- if all
one cares about is keeping young players until they're eligible for free
agency, first round draft picks are gold, and by moving Brand or
Olowokandi one can plug in Ely/Wilcox and SAVE MONEY, plus stockpile more
firsts for future use.  Maybe it couldn't have happened.  But did the Cs
even try?

And by keeping Anderson, it would have been EASY in this market for the Cs
to acquire Best, Oakley and Nailon -- or, as I'd prefer, KEEP ROGERS AND
STRICKLAND -- by using their cap exceptions.   BUT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO,
Gaston had to keep the team salable by avoiding the luxury tax.

Maybe those who are blaming O'Brien are right -- certainly the offense
these days resembles the poulet sans tete (tip o' the cap to Hironaka)
style from the Pitino days, and the defense doesn't even rise to that
level.  But I think a lot of that is a function of the fact that this
team's chemistry has been fundamentally changed, and for that we have only
Gaston to thank.  I read someone quoting O'Brien as yelling "I WANT MY
F*%&ING TEAM BACK!"  I think we all know how he feels.
HotJobs - Search new jobs daily now
http://hotjobs.yahoo.com/