One last thing.....

...and it very well could literally be the thing from me, but that calm I
feel is from watching this team all year. This could be the first time in
memory that the better team doesn't win a seven game series but the "hotter"
team does. Two games left and don't think it impossible that Strickland and
Kenny and Rodney etc. finally find the range and start hitter some jump
shots. Maybe it's wishful thinking but I have a strange feeling that Friday
is a blow out for the Celtics as the Nets take the night off feeling very
good about themselves and in the back of their minds convinced they're the
better team and thinking they have a home game to finish the Celtics off.
So...let's say that Kenny and Rodney and the other bench players finally
catch fire. A blow out on Friday and so help me God this team is perfectly
capable of carrying that over into the next game and the Nets are perfectly
capable of stinking it up for stretches and certainly can't hold leads. One
win because of the Nets letdown and one game where Anderson and Rogers get
hot, Walter and Strickland hit a few threes and Delk hits a few only to
relieve some of the pressure from Pierce who wakes up and this team can
steal game seven. Outside shooting is something we haven't seen from this
team all series. It can come back quickly and all it takes is for a couple
of these guys to get hot in the next game. My arm is tingling again. But I
just have a feeling. They were a free-throw away from possibly going up 3-1,
assuming they win that game in overtime, while being outplayed horribly
every game. An f'n free throw. I have to poke out my eyes now.

Paul M.