Re: I want some anger...

I'm thrilled that I'm not the only one who thinks we need to get a little mean. Has anyone noticed that when Jersey gets to the basket, the C's try to block the shot and avoid the foul? Heck, when Boston drives into the paint, the Nets are taking peoples' heads off. (Half the time, the foul isn't called) I want a little fire from our players. When the effort is there, we can score, that's obvious. We need to get a huge lead early on Friday. I don't want this season to end.

I totally agree about the cockiness of the players, but the worst is Kittles. He does the chest punch after every shot. If I were on the floor I would clothes-line him, like what McHale did to Rambis in 84.

I live in Nashville, so I won't be going to the game, but those of you who will be going, let's get behind our team. Be so loud that Jersey can't hear themselves think. I've got Celtic Pride and believe that we will win the series, so lets get fired up.

From: "Boston Sports Fan" <Bostonsptsfan@hotmail.com>
To: <celtics@igtc.com>
Subject: I want some anger...
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 09:29:01 -0400

These guys are just laying down. Where's the fire? Where's the anger?
They're passive and just accepting of the beating that NJ has inflicted
on them. Pierce has done nothing this series. If I was on the floor,
someone would've hit the deck by now. Be it Harris with his head shake,
Van Horn with his arms up after every three, or Kidd and his smugness,
The Celtics need a spark. Someone needs to go down. Not injured, (badly)
but down and given the message that things are not going to be the same.
Where's the defensive "genius" of Dick Harter this series? Who would've
thunk that Byron Scott could outcoach anybody?

I hope the Celtics are just half as angry as I am....