why we lost

Basically, what we are seeing is two very evenly matched
teams going at one another. The Celtics are the better team
in clutch situations, but for most of these games (including
the regular season games) against the Nets, they are doing
well just to keep up with them.  Neither Pierce, Delk, nor
anyone else is primarily responsible -- if I had to single out
one guy it would be O'Brien for undercoaching them so badly
on offense.  Having said that, however, it would be nice if
Kenny would hit his open 17-footers.  To me, that was the
major difference in game four (along with a gang-rape by
the officials, of course.)

I have high hopes for game five, as I think the Celtics will come
out very aggressive after this disappointing loss.  Pierce needs
to bring it earlier, and the guys really have to practice their sets
and spacing.  For much of game four, it seemed (yet again) like
they were improvising, five guys playing together for the first time.
If they are going to ride Paul and Antoine, then Paul has to take
advantage of single coverage right away.  He's not fooling anybody
by waiting for the double team.

Win or lose, the Celtics are learning a lot about playoff basketball.
I desperately want them to make the finals, but it's good for the team
in the long run that NJ is challenging them this way.  I thought from
the start that the series would go to seven, and I still do.  If we can
just play our B game until the fourth, and get even breaks from the
officials, we will be ok.

I still don't know why Bavetta would call the game the way he did.
It really was like he had money on the Nets.  Did anybody catch
O'Brien's comments?  Did he (or anybody besides Kenny) address
it?

Josh