Re: What's up Doc Stern ?

> From: "Shawn Niles" <shizzjr@hotmail.com>
>
> Let me add another ex-celtic to the list of ex-celtics who do not seem to
> be
> doing their part during these playoffs... Mr. Cousy. He has been nothing
> but
> negative towards the C's. And has gone out of his way to praise the Nets.
> have only two words for messr's Bird and Cousy....   Screw em!

I'm going to assume you mean Larry here, but still... have a little
freakin' respect, willya?  I mean, it's Larry Legend and the Cooz we're
talking about here.  I don't think that by being negative (Cousy ... and
just, just *shocking* for anyone who's ever heard him on the broadcast),
or by not showing up at games (Bird), that they're somehow not "doing
their part".  The whole *point* in saying "ex-Celtics" of the caliber of
Bird and Cooz is that they've *done* their part.  It's Pierce, Walker and
the rest of them who have to write this part of the great story that is
the Boston Celtics.  I mean, damn, if Bird, McHale and Parish were like
this they would have been too busy whining about how Russell, et al. weren'
t there to even win championships.

Don't get me wrong, I liked seeing Red in the stands, Walton in his
tie-dye, Russell and all the other assorted Celtic greats.  I really liked
seeing JoJo White in the background in the interview shot of Pierce and
Walker after game three -- but that's exactly how it ought to be: the
ex-Celtics in the background, the guys actually playing for the team now
in the forefront.  "Issues" about former team members not doing enough to
help the current team win also in the background -- way, way, way in the
back (no pun intended).  I'm glad all these former Celtics are showing up
at games, it's great to see them, and it gives them more chance to bask in
the grateful glow that is their due, but trotting out exceptions to that
rule, because of a feud with ownership or because, in Cousy's case, it's
just his way, is just counterproductive.  These guys have earned some
leeway.

I don't think the current team needs all that much help, either.  Plus,
where's the criticism of Danny Ainge, who basically said he has no feeling
for his former team at all?  Oh, right, I forgot, Forant doesn't have a
"thing" against Danny Ainge like he does with Larry Bird.  And those who
have been around here long enough know it.

Bird