Re: [Celtics' Stuff The Beast is Back

on 5/22/02 12:22 AM, michael.j.marlow.01@alum.dartmouth.org at
michael.j.marlow.01@alum.dartmouth.org wrote:

--- musty wrote in another thread:
In THAT series it almost came close to "symbiotic orgasms". Glory be...
..."funk alive!"
--- end of quote ---

that was amidst a discussion about names for our Celtic's defense...it made
me think that with toine, especially game 5 against Philly it was
"shimmybiotic" orgasms..just a little one tonight...but the "beast" was back
tonight. I thought as Antoine and Kenny seemed to say afterward fatigue was
a factor in the end. This was more like the regular season games. Kidd was
excellent again, and I think Kenny wore down in the end and Kidd got those
fast breaks where he wouldn't  have and didn't that often earlier...

Tony Battie I would have to say was the MVP of the game...Magnificent; Toine
carried the O in the 3rd, Tony carried the D in the 3rd and got the key
rebounds. It was great to see. As was that lunging tip by Eric Williams, I
love that guy.
  Mike
        ***************

   Forget about Kidd and Pierce, this series will be won in the paint. When
is the last time we had 60 rebounds and 9 blocked shots?
   Tony Battie came to play tonight, with huge contributions from Eric
Williams and Walter McCarty. You are 100% right about fatigue and
lengthening the bench. If defense and rebounding win games, why not give
Walker and Pierce plenty of rest. Is it possible that their shots weren't
falling, in part because of heavy legs? I don't think it's possible to play
that kind of defense and fight in traffic for rebounds and play 40+ minutes.
Both Paul and Antoine played as hard as any of the above on the defensive
end and under the boards.
   The Celtics had much success early, by pushing the pace. Van Horne and
MacCullluch seemed particularly lumbering. As it's been all season, when
Anderson pushes the ball, we get baskets before the other team sets up in
their offense and we are more likely to get everyone involved. By very early
in the game, all five starters had scored.
   Walter and Erick Strickland ("the men on the way out?") were as valuable
to the C's, this season, as Delk and Rogers ("the men on the way up!"), the
players that came in, ostensibly, to replace them. All four of these players
have certain skills that the team needs to utilize.
   We ran three players at Kidd last night, I hope to see even more of that
next game.
   Many Jersey players were reluctant to shoot. Kittles and Van Horne
particularly, hesitated and passed up open looks, they were nailing, last
game. That reticence, should be even more pronounced, in the Fleet.
   Have the Nets played in front of a really loud and hostile crowd, yet, in
the  playoffs? Certainly not in Charlotte. Were the Pacers fans nearly as
vociferous as the C's fans will be on Saturday?
   A very big win. Bob Ryan's comments about the ref's help in the third
quarter rally: {"The Celtics would never trail again, although it would get
as close as 1 (48-47) before the Celtics went off on a
strangely muted 18-1 third-quarter spurt that was disproportionately
dependent on free throws.} are holding me back from total euphoria though.
The Zebras are the wild card. They can keep this series close, to that all
or nothing, seventh game, in New Jersey, if they are so inclined. They did
not bask themselves in glory last night.

              JB

                       Unchain My Heart !

Boston Celtics' fans; looking for inspiration, intellect, humor and lots of
commas.

Subscribe:       Celticsstuffgroup-subscribe@yahoogroups.com