Irony

Isn't it ironic that the Celtics advance to the Conference Finals for the
first time since 1988 by beating the Pistons (the team that beat them in
'88) and by doing it with "Bad Boy" basketball? I don't mean the dirty play.
Forget that for a second. The real reason those Detroit teams won was great
defense and a textbook pick-and-roll offense. They ran pick-and-rolls with
so many variations that teams couldn't defend them all. The Celtics are
using exactly the same formula-great defense and great pick-and-roll
offense.

Of course, we all hated the Pistons (and I mean HATED). But we're kidding
ourselves if we think the rest of the NBA has any love for these Celtics.