Disturbing trends..

Hello all,

Hmm I have to say I am a bit worried. Sure the Celts will win this series.
But..

I see a few things..

1) Delk and Kenny on the court at the same time. WOW..do I hate this lineup.
Its dreadful. I don't mind Delk switching in for Kenny now and then I much
prefer the backcourt of Pierce and Kenny or McCarty and Kenny. That small
ball stuff kills us.

2) Delk vs. Strickland. Truth be told I think we would have won game three
pretty easy if they had been playing Strick instead of Delk. I don't even
like Strick that much but..he has fearless confidence and would have  hit
some shots in that
game. Delk was incredibly tenative in game three. Do we know why Strick
suddenly is in the doghouse? Delk hit some shots today..but I am still not
thrilled with him.
He doesn't seem to beat people of the dribble that well. Kenny and Strick are
much better at this. Its weird because Delk seems quicker then either of
them. I

3) Ball movement.
Now I guess we will never know unless we get by Jersey.. ..are we
really seeing two good defense teams or two mediocre teams.

But sometimes it seems that we just don't set enough plays. I don't see them
set up Pierce with a double screen...for example..and I don't see that much
ball movement. We tend to use alot of isolation and one on one. Is this
because of the Detroit defense, or is this really a better offense for us.
The Celts do have three excellent one on one players in Pierce Walker and
yes...Kenny. But I still think those one on one things force folks to work
harder then they should. I think we should be scoring more against Detroit.

Then again this is what everyone says...and it could very well be wrong. One
on One basketball might have some benefit for the Celts..that I don't quite
realize. The end results seem quite effective.

Often the common wisdom is wrong. People complain that the Celts have no
"low-post" game..but in todays NBA it seems you can take that away from
teams...
and its not smart to pound it in against some defenses. The same might be
true
about ball movement.

Its nice to see NJ with the series in hand. I think thats great news for us.
We match up much better against Jersey, then Charlotte. Charlotte scares me.

Also..
I have to say..whats with the Kenny bashing. I don't get it. No one complains
when Mcarty drops the ball..like in this series. What about Eric Williams..he
hasn't
done jack lately. But Kenny...he always hears it. He isn't supposed to be a
star player, and has had a great year IMHO.

After the comment about Kenny never making long forward passes I watched the
whole game three..and the only two times he had the ball with guys in front
of him he pushed it up. It only happen twice, and resulted in one turnover.

Now I am hearing he didn't handle the break well..hmm. When did he botch the
break..I don't remember that play. I have tivo so I like to look back at the
game,
and I want to check it out.

Pete