Hi,

> One complaint I have is that KA is such a dud in the open floor. There's no
>
> incentive for players to run down the court because he's never going to
> throw a full-court pass.

Kenny can make that pass..on occasion.
You want him to play like J. Kidd...thats what your saying.

Thats not really Kenny's style..
I don't think Kenny has a "deficit" like this..its all about style.

Kenny is your dribble penetration/dish  type of guy. He believes that the
ball in the hands of someone else could be a turnover. He is more then a
"steady" ball handler..
he has a great great handle. Only a few guards in the league handle the rock
as well.
Jason Williams...Allen Iverson..Gary Payton..he is up there among guards with
a wicked handle.  His principle problem is that he falls in love with the
dribble now
and then. His game is modeled after Tiny Archibald...not Magic Johnson.

A guy like Jason Kidd..or a Magic Johnson..these are bigger guards with a
rather
average handle. They see the court well and make those long passes over
people. There is a problem though..these passes DO lead to more turnovers.
Its exciting to watch but high risk basketball. J. Kidd averages like 3 or 4
turnovers a game, and his turnover to assist ratio isn't that hot. It also
leads to more breaks and crowd
excitement.

That being said he is really the only Celtic that can run the break well.
Walker
more often then not screws it up. Kenny does not pass the ball up the floor
for breaks generally, he dribbles the ball the ball up the middle, forces the
guy to commit and then passes it off.

Kidd as a big guard will get the deep rebound and pass it up to some guy
streaking ahead. He is not that fast end to end..so it makes sense.
Kenny...on the other hand gets rebounds, but he gets the long rebound. So he
is usually leading rather then trailing.

Personally I don't think Omar Cook can play a Jason Kidd like game with his
size.
Perhaps thats why he is not in the league right now. Kidd's style suits his
body and his skill. Kenny style suits his skills and diminutive size.

Sure Kenny could play more like Kidd..but he wouldn't do it quite as well,
and more importantly he doesn't WANT to. He wants to play KA basketball.

Pete