FW: [Celtics' Stuff OB only 2 votes!!!!!

----------
From: JB <james.metz@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 09 May 2002 08:14:13 -0400
To: <Celticsstuffgroup@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [Celtics' Stuff OB only 2 votes!!!!!

on 5/9/02 12:33 AM, kevin at bostonceltics17@yahoo.com wrote:

Hey people, look on the bright side - since when did a Coach of the Year win
it all in the
same year????
kevin
**************

"It's fine with me," said Pierce. "We aren't even trying to shoot that many
(3s). I can't
understand why they are taking away a lower-percentage shot to give us a
higher-percentage
shot. It's not like they have a Dikembe Mutombo in there, so driving is fine
with me."

Which means Detroit needs to come up with a new game plan as this series
shifts back to
Boston for a huge weekend in front of what should be a fired-up FleetCenter
crowd.
*********

Shhhh, Paul, don't give it away.
You would have thought that Carlisle would have learned something from the
master, Larry Brown. On the other hand we made mincemeat out of Brown's
strategy of forcing us to shoot threes, on Friday.
Round one: Carlise. Round two: O'Bie the magnificent.
          JB
**********

I'm pumped - we will get game 2 and 5 live over here!!!

C's in 5

kevin
        ************
  You mean Australia? How many hours difference? Isn't it about 24? A day
earlier, if I remember. Could you send the results to the board and we can
place our bets. LOL
  Winning in five is a possibility, but I think there is still some fight
left in the Pistons and perhaps some "dog" left in Walker. I did not like
the way he opened the third quarter, firing every time he touched the ball,
with no concern for the clock, the game plan, or his team mates. If not for
Rogers bailing him out, we could have lost the game. It was just a few
minutes of regression, in what was otherwise a pretty good effort, but left
me with that concern, that if we get too overconfident, we go back to the
"I'm the star" mentality.
  Likewise, Paul played very much in control and took only what was given,
passing out of any double teams before they could close him up. Paul's
defense on Stackhouse, when the Piston's desperately needed a hoop and no
one else wanted to take the shot was brilliant.
  I'm hoping that Robinson's taunts to Walker, about being a selfish player,
will cause Antoine to keep the team mentality foremost, and put up some huge
rebound and assist numbers, like Michael Jordan's comments did back in
November, when Jordan and the Wizards were more than a curiosity factor.
Walker did come through defending Robinson,a real key to this victory,
except for that brief period in the third and I'm sure that is tiring, but I
expect Antoine to have one of his out of body, triple double games, before
too long. Wouldn't it be nice if it happened at home, on Friday? Then, I'll
be ready to start scouting N.J./Charlotte in earnest.
  Did you believe the Pistons' fans walking out with 4 minutes left and a 12
point deficit?

              JB

                      Unchain My Heart !

Boston Celtics' fans; looking for inspiration,intellect and humor.

Subscribe:       Celticsstuffgroup-subscribe@yahoogroups.com