Game 5

Let's hope the home team wins last night are good omens for tonight.  I
certainly hope that the refs show Pierce even half as much love as they
showed Kidd -- if that happens, the Cs should win by 25.  Some of the
non-calls on Harpring and McKie have bordered on the insane.  Not that
that excuses the Cs' miserable decisionmaking down the stretch in games 3
& 4.

But how 'bout that Reggie Miller?  Is there anyone in the NBA's history --
ANYONE -- you'd less rather see in the other team's lineup in a
desperation situation?  I know they called Jerry West "Mr. Clutch", but
it's as if Miller hits that 63 foot buzzer-beater on a routine basis.  I
was watching the local Fox feed, so I don't know whether TNT had Van
Grumpy working that game -- would've been great to see him relive many
nightmares.

And how 'bout that Isiah Thomas?  Actually shaking hands with the opposing
team and coach after losing a playoff series?  Will wonders never cease?
Next thing you know he'll be spelling his name right.

Michael Gooen
http://health.yahoo.com