Re: Its over

> From: Vinny Natale <vnatale@map.com>

> p.s. One great benefit of being a combination Yankee/Celtic fan rather
> than
> the more traditional Red Sox/Celtic fan is that
> instead of carrying the Red Sox fan baggage of expecting your team to
> lose,
> I expect my team to win!

Yeah, but you've got all those other disadvantages, not the least of which
is that you have to root for the Damn Yankees.  Well, you aren't half bad,
  Vinny, because at least you're a Celtics fan, but you remind me of my
college roommate, whose mother was a Jew from Iran.  Talk about your
cultural divides.  Anyway, you're hardly going to get a lot of sympathy
from the crowd around here (including me) -- as far as your lousy taste in
baseball clubs -- but, that having been said, the Philly-Boston series is
far from over.  Momentum is in Philly's favor, but the thing with momentum
is that it can be changed, especially with a change of venue.  Like Rich
said earlier, the best effort from Philly was Game 3; Game 4 was lost by
the Celtics, more than being won by the Sixers.  Still, Philly won't roll,
  the Celtics need to execute better, especially offensively.  Defense
looked decent: sometimes smothering, sometimes not, and so a more
consistent effort in that area would be beneficial, too.  Just like I
expected Philly to bounce back (though not for two games) in Philly, I
expect the C's to play a bit better in Boston.  Lot's of C's contributed
to the loss: Walker's blowing a 4-on-1 (argh!), Pierce's invisibility,
Strick's gunning and lack of a handle, Mark Blount had to enter the game,
Rogers missed many an open three-pointer, Battie didn't get much playing
time.  I know the Sixers adjusted, but if the Celtics played their game
better, I don't see it being the series winner for Philly at all.  All of
those mistakes mentioned above won't happen again; less mistakes may make
the difference in a win at home.

Bird

P.S.  Boston Celtics face elimination in the playoffs -- time for Way/Ray
to begin posting again, after missing out on the booby prize for best
prognostication after the C's won the first two and thus could not be
swept (unless they retro-actively forfeit (a common motif in Way/Ray's
posts) those games).  Ah, predictability, thy name is Way/Ray ... or Mr.
Ghost ... or Kai Brunnen ... or ... whatever.  For those who think Way/Ray'
s a fan of the C's -- sure he's a fan.  Sure.  By the way, look -- a
forest.  And it's made up of trees.  Try looking at them sometime.