Re: ESPN Insider article...

on 3/28/02 11:59 PM, Art Silva at arsilva@directvinternet.com wrote:

>> Has anyone even seen Rodney White even play this year?  What team is he
> on?
>>

>> We need to sell Duncan on reuniting the Laker Celtic rivalry.
>>

>> John

with the purse string firmly knotted in Boston there is no big impact center
> on his way this summer. I wouldn't trade Kenny for any available big man.
> Although a package for Kurt Thomas would be appealing I don't see the Knicks
> letting him go without tying him to one of their bad contracts. Of which
> they have many. Ben Wallace will surely win defensive player of the year and
> also be priced out of our range. I don't think any other big man on the
> block will fit into the current team we have. Brian Grant is not the player
> he used to be and would not be an improvement on what we have now. The Celts
> are better off sending Battie and Vitaly to big man camp. So they can work
> on their game. Olowokandi has finally come around after attending this camp
> since his arrival into this league. If his game can be turned around there
> is hope for our guys.
>
> Art Silva

   Both, great points.
   That is the only hope to nab Duncan. If the C's get into contention and
San Antonio (and Orlando fades) gets close, to whet his appetite, but falls,
frustratingly.
   As for big man camp, that's a no brainer. I have wondered for several
seasons, why Vitaly takes a few weeks of the season to get his game back. He
supposedly works very hard in the summer, but so far it has only left him
behind where he finished the season before.
        JB

Link to current standings:
http://archive.sportserver.com/newsroom/sports/bkb/1995/nba/nba/stat/2000-01
confstands_lo.html