Lee Benson and our point guards.

Hello all,

> I had an opportunity to finally see Lee Benson on HBO with Bryant Gumbel.
> Benson's game looks good.  He is probably better athletically than
> anyone we have for center.  However, It is his background that people
> will question.

Hmm is he really that good?
I don't trust Bryant Gumbel...

Battie isn't really a good center..he shouldn't play center at all.
But he is a good athlete. He gets by largely on his athleticism. He is
definetly
more athletic then 90% of the centers in the NBA. Problem is with his size he
should be playing small forward or power forward...and he doesn't have great
basketball skills either. But what starting centers are more athletic then
Battie?
KG doesn't play center right? Jermaine 0'Neal is more athletic, and Ben
Wallace...but beyond that I can't think of many. Of course Wallace shouldn't
be
a center either..but I digress.

I mean its not a 100% fair comparison... Battie gives up 30 - 100 pounds on
most
centers. Battie is only like 230 pounds...so he had better be more athletic.

There was a older point guard "available" for the draft.and was supposed to
go
in this past years draft..but no one picked him... if I remember right. Was
some
NYC guy...hmm.

Speaking of that..maybe we should grab the guy.
We need someone to play point behind Kenny..cause let me tell you
Strick and Delk CANNOT play the point. Strick can't dribble...and Delk
doesn't
exactly have court vision. Both make Kenny look like the second coming of
Tiny.

Why the heck do we have Strick, Delk and Forte on the same team?
Its as bad as the redsox with Baegra, Offerman and Merloni on  the same team.
Yikes.

Anyway, I miss Kenny,,
You have to admit the Celts are more fun to watch with him running the show.
In fact, I think they would be better if they let him do more rather then
have so
much one on one with Walker and Pierce.

Pete