Strick.

Hello all,

> I know I am in the minority, especially after a win, but I am in no way
> shape or form an Erick Strickland fan. For every game like tonight, there
> are 5 games where he costs us the game. I have never seen someone with such
>
> a shoot-first mentality. He makes so many bad decisions offensively. It is
> completely frustrating to watch him play. Too bad he didn't sprain his
> ankle
> instead of Kenny.

well I don't love Strickland either...
I do actually prefer Delk. Even though Delk is something he has smoothness
and talent, and when he is on he can just go insane. A "good" Delk has game a
little
like Ray Allen.

That being said I didnt see too many bad decisions out of Strick. He had a
good game. This is the "new" NBA and teams will double and triple team Pierce
and Walker. Plus teams will play zone and pack it in the middle.

For this reason..you need to hit the outside shot to slow down the enemy.
If Kenny was playing he would have dribble in a bit and pulled up for an 18"
footer,
but it would have been a similiar situation. The point guard has to be able
to nail
the outside jumper. Strickland is a decent three point shooter so he should
be able
to stay back and nail the threes. I think he made good decisions.

He also made several strong plays defensively...
I mean part of anyone has to love Strick. He was an undrafted guy...and he
will do
anything to win. He is a hard worker and a tough guy..even if he lacks the
talent of Delk, K.Brown or even Forte.

Pete