RE: [Celtics' Stuff RE: The real problem with 3's

Obie never lost it Cecil ;-)

Actually, I have nothing personal against the head coach.  I just think
he's clueless in his approach to offense.  You can be a perimeter
oriented team and still not have to shoot 30 three pointers per game.
Case in point?  Seattle.  Last night Seattle, which has NO low post
game, scored 112 points against the Rockets and they only took 9 three
pointers. Transition and mid range game is how they've developed their
team and the coach must get most of the credit for it as he has
instilled the value of motion, outstanding ball movement, and consummate
team play.  Sure he struggled to get these ideas through the players
heads early on, but the team is the better for it now when it needs to
gear up for a post season run in a very difficult Western Conference.

The Celtics need to find a coach that has the mannerisms of O'Brien to
keep the players on an even keel, but they must also have a coach that
knows the proper way of playing basketball which on offense begins with
first seeking out the highest percentage shot.  It's just a matter of
freakin odds.  This is not brain surgery as Kevin McHale used to say.

Ravi