Poor coaching again by Obie loses game

People still give Obie credit for the turnaround this year. I think the team
is winning in spite of him, not that he couldn't coach a high school team.
The reason why this team has won is because the rule changes, Dick Harter's
defense and that got two players, Walker and Pierce, who have reached their
prime and are two of the best 25 players in the league. In the pros, it
doesn't matter how a good a coach you are. If you don't have the players, you
are going to lose. The coaching decisions make the difference in 10 to 15
games, IMO. Here is one that it did and here are my reasons:

Allowing your defense to let a Philly team score score nearly 100 points
without Iverson is a disgrace. The coach has to find a way to motivate the
troops in the second half.

Playing Paul Pierce and Walker over 40 minutes (44 and 46). These guys had
nothing left for the fourth quarter. Not getting down the court. No extra
effort. This really hurts us on the break and on the boards. (Pierce did well
on the boards last night, however). Walker doesn't even think about going
near the offensive board.

Rodney Rogers is our third best offensive player (you could debate on Kenny).
Yet, they never search out his offense. He never got any opportunities late
in the third or in  the fourth.

Every noncenter on the team thinks that if he is open on the three, he should
shoot it. Erik Williams shooting that 3 in the fourth when we needed a basket
just hurts.

Delk, who can hit the midrange jumper after penetration, should be told that
he is going to get lots of opportunities when he is at the three point line
and open. However, he can penetrate and pull up for a higher percentage shot,
something some of these other guys (Walter and Williams) can't. Delk needs to
be told that he is the 4th or 5th option. These quick pull ups for the three
are unconsciousable....

DJessen33

<< Someone said yesterday that  Jimmy is trying to make chicken salad out of
 c.s. I think that without a center, or another point guard to help run an
 offense, he's doing pretty well. I don't blame him for lazy, stupid players.