Hi all,

> that is Obie and other thoughts
>
> Vitaly was "fine" according to Obie, but still played just five minutes
> last
> night. Is Battie that indispensable? Was Obie watching the winning streak?
> know Vitaly isn't that great, but he was in the middle of one of the best
> stretches of his career. He was rebounding like a madman. Battie had four
> rebounds last night. You knew Battie would get his minutes somewhere, and
> they are at Vitaly's expense. Heaven forbid we sit Eric Williams down and
> play Rogers or Antoine a little at small forward. For the life of me, I
> don't understand some of the things Obie does. By the way, Obie, if you're
> looking for a reason why Tony Delk is better suited off the bench, last
> night was your answer.

Hmm..
Well I agree 100% with regards to Eric Williams. What concerns me most about
Williams is that he seems to have developed Vitaly syndrome. Much like Vitaly
every time you pass him the ball your risking a turnover, every time he gets
near a
defender he fouls them, and like Vitaly he gets great position but still
blows the
layup. His reputation as a good defender also seems without merit. He is
playing
worse now, and I suspect his knees might be bothering him.

But ummm..
Winning streak non-withstanding I think Battie is much better player then
Vitaly. Battie has been in on losses to SA and Portland teams that are far
more talented then the Celts. I don't think Vitaly would have led to anything
but a few more turnovers and fouls.

Vitaly is the shortest 6-10 in the leaque. For christ sake I saw Jefferson
block his
point blank shot in the Jersey game. He combines his 6-10 size with short
arms and
terrible leaping ability. I doubt you could get a second rounder for him.

Also I am not convinced the team really likes playing with him. If your a
point
guard or someone like Walker and you see a player drop an easy pass for a
bucket
you tend to get a little riled up. I am surpised Kenny or Walker haven't
publicly dogged the guy out yet. I guess they are used to him.

Real GM ranks Battie like 129th and Vitaly 230th. The scary thing is I think
Vitaly
gets paid more.

Pete