RE: Big Mistake

I think Rogers and Antoine will take Pot's minutes.

Ravi

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-celtics@igtc.com [mailto:owner-celtics@igtc.com] On Behalf
Of Berry, Mark S
Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2002 11:15 AM
To: 'damekmo@teleport.com'; 'celtics@igtc.com'
Subject: Re: Big Mistake

OK, here's my concern about Battie: He sucks, Vitaly sucks, Blount
sucks. That's the way it has been, the way it is and the way it always
will be. But when Battie comes back, you know he's going back in the
rotation. Whose minutes does he get? Rogers has been seeing a lot of
minutes at center (or at PF with Antoine at center). That lineup has
been effective. But when Battie comes back and he and Vitaly combine for
40-plus minutes a game at center (not saying that should happen, but you
know it will), where will Rogers get his minutes? Obie is showing no
interest in using RR or Antoine at small forward. Eric Williams played
just as many minutes (21) as Rogers last night. So where does Rodney get
his time?

My opinion: I can't stand Battie. He's soft and even worse, he doesn't
play hard. He should be able to beat any center in the league down the
floor, but he just lopes. He's at the top of the "trade him at the end
of the season" list in my book. Is it a coincidence that the team comes
to life without him? I don't know. I know this-Vitaly sucks, but at
least he works hard. Vitaly isn't talented and he's not a smart player,
but he works hard. The offensive rebounds are an offshoot of that.
Battie is more talented. If you compare both players at their best,
Battie is better. The problem is you only get Battie's best a couple of
times a month. You compare the players at their worst and I'll take
Vitaly because Battie takes nights off. You never know what you're going
to get from him. With Vitaly, you know. He won't give you that
occasional 16-point, 10-rebound game that Battie manages every full
moon, but he gives you his six points and five rebounds pretty
consistently.

But as long as he doesn't steal minutes from Rogers, he's mostly
harmless (to the opponent, too).

Mark

Paul M. wrote:

Tony who? Is anybody really looking forward to Battie coming back? Is it
just coincidence that this team comes to life with him out?