Re: Big Mistake

OK, here's my concern about Battie: He sucks, Vitaly sucks, Blount sucks.
That's the way it has been, the way it is and the way it always will be. But
when Battie comes back, you know he's going back in the rotation. Whose
minutes does he get? Rogers has been seeing a lot of minutes at center (or
at PF with Antoine at center). That lineup has been effective. But when
Battie comes back and he and Vitaly combine for 40-plus minutes a game at
center (not saying that should happen, but you know it will), where will
Rogers get his minutes? Obie is showing no interest in using RR or Antoine
at small forward. Eric Williams played just as many minutes (21) as Rogers
last night. So where does Rodney get his time?

My opinion: I can't stand Battie. He's soft and even worse, he doesn't play
hard. He should be able to beat any center in the league down the floor, but
he just lopes. He's at the top of the "trade him at the end of the season"
list in my book. Is it a coincidence that the team comes to life without
him? I don't know. I know this-Vitaly sucks, but at least he works hard.
Vitaly isn't talented and he's not a smart player, but he works hard. The
offensive rebounds are an offshoot of that. Battie is more talented. If you
compare both players at their best, Battie is better. The problem is you
only get Battie's best a couple of times a month. You compare the players at
their worst and I'll take Vitaly because Battie takes nights off. You never
know what you're going to get from him. With Vitaly, you know. He won't give
you that occasional 16-point, 10-rebound game that Battie manages every full
moon, but he gives you his six points and five rebounds pretty consistently.

But as long as he doesn't steal minutes from Rogers, he's mostly harmless
(to the opponent, too).

Mark

Paul M. wrote:

Tony who? Is anybody really looking forward to Battie coming back? Is it
just coincidence that this team comes to life with him out?