Re: big man/center hunt...

--- You wrote:
i know it's premature to talk about stuff like these but with the great mood
of everybody now that we are winning again, i just want to know if there'll be
a possibility of snagging a true center/big man that can score and rebound and
block shots for us next year?

Who are the center free agents that'll be available at the same time we could
accomodate with our small cap space?
--- end of quote ---

I heard Tim Duncan would sign for the veteran minimum if it meant playing  for
the Celtics...

Speaking of big men who can rebound and block shots (and score a little on
dunks and putbacks), it's amazing that we're on this winning streak with Battie
out. Pot, even though he saved the game on Sunday with his timely rebounds, is
stiffer than a slab of concrete. And Blount's even worse, if that's possible.
Even though people like to lump the three centers into the "Holy Trinity of
Sucking", there's a huge dropoff from Battie to the other two. This is how much
the addition of Delk of Rogers has meant to this team - we're winning without a
single legit NBA big guy.  I take it all back, Obie's a coaching genius... :>

Other notes from this superb week:

- The best opponent in the playoffs undoubtedly would be Orlando. They are a
legit 'cupcake team' (sorry, couldn't resist).

- It's too bad McCarty's brain transplant didn't take.

- Were the Celtics just lackadaisical on D against the  Bulzards, or is there
really no one on the team who can stop Rip Hamilton and Courtney Alexander?

- Delk is a much better leaper than I thought. Long arms, too. He's still too
small to play 2-guard full time, but is excellent as a combo guard. This
probably means that Strickland is gone. That's too bad.

- I guess I was wrong about their intentions towards Rogers. Apparently, even
the Celtics brass can see that we need to keep him. Let's just hope that
Wallace's custom-made jersey stunts work better on Rogers than they did on
Croshere.

- I still don't see what the harm would be in starting Kedrick at 2-guard to
work over the other team's starting shooting guard, bringing in Delk at
midpoint in the first to give them a different look and more offense, and then
sliding him over to PG to give Kenny a rest around the quarter break. It would
show Kedrick that they still love him, keep him focused, and buy Delk more rest
- he's been averaging fairly high minutes lately. And frankly, Kedrick's made
good things happen whenever he's been in, it's not like he's going to kill the
team's momentum by starting and playing a few minutes. Come on, Obie, the fans
want to see KB!

Kestas