Re: Sir Charles speaks -- as usual

Charles has a book coming out in two months and needs to get his name in the
press for marketing reasons.

Expect some more outrageous statements in the near future.  WEEI was talking
about a SI article with Charles dressed up in a slave costume breaking out
of chains.  I'm sure there will be more.

<Jim

>> Sir Charles has also embroiled himself again with a statement about how
the
>> Masters is run. I always thought Charles was a jerk and overplayed by the
>> media because he was and continues to be controversial.
>

>I think he gets the press he gets because he is an outrageous character;
>he comes up with more good quotes in a week than most athletes do in a
month.
>Of course, the quotes may or may not bear any resemblance to the truth.
The
>comments about the Masters were ridiculous, as lengthening the course helps
>Tiger Woods more than anyone else.    He also gets press because, from what
>read, he enjoyed the press when he was playing and the reporters enjoyed
him.