Antoine as a creator

On Thu, 7 Mar 2002, Berry, Mark  S wrote:

> The best part of this trade has been the change
> in Antoine. We've always wondered if he would accept a lesser role as a
> scorer to take advantage of his abilities as a creator, and with Rogers and
> Delk, it seems that question has been answered.

Agreed.  I think Jordan and Pitino were right about 'Toine.  Jordan says
Antoine is kind of his project and that he'll reach his potential when he
sacrifices offense for the team(like Pippen I guess).  Pitino used to
say he wanted Toine to raise his assists and boards, even if his scoring
went down to about 15 ppg.

It makes sense.  Antoine will always be a low percentage shooter, who
happens to have great vision and hands.  When the C's eventually play at
championship level, I can imagine Toine focusing on getting accurate
scorers their shots and securing possesions for the team.