Re: Avoiding the urge to push the panic button...

----- Original Message -----
From: Berry, Mark S <berrym@BATTELLE.ORG>
To: <damekmo@teleport.com>; <celtics@igtc.com>
Sent: Monday, March 04, 2002 11:43 AM
Subject: Re: Avoiding the urge to push the panic button...

> Two issues here, Paul. First, I'm not excluding Pierce. If he can't play
> with guys like Rogers and Delk, then get someone who can.

Well, he's the only guy who's said he can't play the way he wants if he has
to get them involved. I don't know Mark, what more do we want to know? He
can't play with them, he's admitted it. Trade him. Maybe the reason these
guys can't fit in is because Pierce is whining about it so much. So far he's
the only one with a problem. And we don't have to guess about how he feels.
We know. He doesn't get more assists because, maybe, he has no intention of
passing up his double teamed shot. What's his problem? You'd think he'd be
thrilled to get guys like Delk and Rogers. He doesn't sound thrilled. He
sounds like he's upset because it's thrown "his" game off. Maybe he'll
learn? Well..it's not like he gets a lot of assists for someone who gets
doubled as much as he does. And when he's given the chance to help two
players take some of the scoring load off his shoulders, he comes out and
says he's not going to do it. What would we say about a player like that
Mark? Sounds selfish to me. Sounds pretty uncoachable too. I'm not excluding
Antoine or Paul from criticism either. But I know how Pierce feels about
working the two new guys into the lineup. I don't know what's going through
Antoine's mind. I don't know what he's thinking when he throws his headband
down. I know how Pierce feels when he's asked to pass and get some assists
because he has the ball so much. He's told us. I know how Pierce feels when
he's asked to sacrifice some of his shots. It certainly sounds like he's not
about to do it. Sounds pretty selfish.
Paul M.