Re: Avoiding the urge to push the panic button...

----- Original Message -----
From: Berry, Mark S <berrym@BATTELLE.ORG>

> If this team continues to flounder as Rogers and Delk are integrated into
> the rotation, then it's time to break up the captains.

Well, I think we know how Paul Pierce feels about this. O'Brien singled
Pierce out this weekend for not passing the ball. If it had been Walker he
specifically mentioned to a reporter this list would be in an uproar
demanding Wallace trade the selfish bastard. Pierce says, "We can't wait for
the other guys," but that's not a slap in the other players' faces? I don't
know, it seems like Pierce has given the great integration experiment four
games and now he's done. We can imagine whatever we want about how one of
the captains feels about integrating Rogers and Delk into the rotation, but
we know for certain that Pierce is going to do things his way and apparently
the great experiment is over. "We can't wait for the other guys?" My, my,
my, sounds like a me-first comment if I ever heard one. And then there's the
"only superstars can drive the baseline and be successful" comment from
O'Brien with Pierce saying he can do anything he wants. My God, if this were
Antoine disagreeing with his coach, telling his teammates he can't wait for
them to contribute? If this was Antoine being singled out for not passing? I
guess we won't be seeing many 6+ assists game from Pierce anytime soon.

Paul M.