re: Very Difficult Times Ahead

> From: "Ron Pasik" <quinielabox@hotmail.com>

> Lets get to the heart of the matter here - Antione Walker and his hideous
> selfishness. I never wanted to admit Pitino being right but I think he was
> right about trying to trade Toine. For every game Toine pulls out for us,
>  he
> costs about 3 more in bad basketball decisions. Let's face it, I don't
> think
> its working for him here in Boston. I've had to defend him throughout his
> young career on the ESPN message boards. But he wants to be out there for
> 48
> minutes and touch the ball every time down. The rest of the Celtics
> players
> and especially Paul Pierce has suffered..... Joe Johnson, Chauncey
> Billups,
> David Wesley, Rick Fox, Ron Mercer, Andrew Declerq, and Andre Miller could
> have been here if Pitino had been successful at trading Toine and not
> renouncing and retaining picks. Furthermore, Rick would still be coaching
> this
> team because they would be doing better. Obie has turned into a puppet
> coach
> and allowing Antione to run the team with his "court savvy"
>
> I challenge each and every member to refute my argument that this team
> will
> not improve until Toine is traded.

I'm sorry, Q, but you don't have an "argument" here to refute.  You have
an opinion.  Can't refute that, it's your opinion and you're entitled.
But you never give any reasons, and reasons make up an argument.  The only
thing that comes close is "But he wants to be out there for 48 minutes and
touch the ball every time down" and somehow other players have suffered
because of this.  I don't see it.  I like the fact that he wants to be out
there for 48 minutes.  As one of the two only real star-level talents we
have, he ought to be out there, touching the ball quite a bit.  What's the
problem?  I want he and Pierce to dominate the game: that's what got us
our early success.  Now, when Pierce is trying to spread it around, we
have problems.

Bird