Re: Tommy agrees with me

> After last night's game, I'm no longer angry at Obie or anyone else, I'm
> very concerned. I'm not sure if it was the trade that screwed up the
> chemistry, but the two events coincided. Of course, the slide also
> coincided with playing top teams, or teams that have begun playing at
their
> true level of ability.  The Celtics are not playing defense as hard as
they
> were earlier, for whatever reason. And since it's a non-linear phenomenon,
> a bit less effort on D results in disastrous increases in opposition FG%.
> The rebounding has been disastrous. Pierce has not been as assertive, and
> the new guys have not really filled the gap on offense. Is it just a
matter
> of integrating Delk and Rogers and thus will straighten itself out with
> time, or something more serious?
> Kestas

The way I see it. It is not one single thing causing this slide.  The trade
created the need to assimilate two players into the system. Delk's shooting
touch reacting adversely to being a Celtic and Rogers feeling tentative and
uncomfortable here. As I understood neither was unhappy in Phoenix so the
"change of scenery rule" does not apply here. The trade also followed the
downfall of Strickland. As his shooting touch went so has the rest of his
game. His slump or his coming back to reality has made his glaring
weaknesses all the more glaring. I've never seen another point more prone to
turning the ball over on the simple pass. To me simply he is not what you
want from a backup point. But right now obie has no choices. What makes this
matter worse is that our starting point is starting to show his age and
picking up cheap fouls on reach ins. Not only on his man but on opposing big
men down in the paint. Not entirely his fault of course but Kenny must
realize when he goes out of the game the offense falters. Same thing happens
when Obie rests 'Toine. When both are out of the game the offense is in true
shambles. A number of other things have contributed to the slide. The
quality of our opponents. Pierce feeling the need to give up shots to the
new members of the team. Pierce not realizing that the refs are not giving
him the same calls anymore. Williams showing it's not a slump its just the
way he shoots now. Walker settling for threes on a fast break when we need a
sure score at that point in the game. Unfortunately I could go on and on but
why. One of two things will likely happen the two players will a get
comfortable or the team will revert to the two punch offense which carried
them in the first part of the year.

Art SIlva