From: owner-celtics@igtc.com [mailto:owner-celtics@igtc.com] On Behalf
Of Kestas
Sent: Saturday, March 02, 2002 6:22 AM
To: celtics@igtc.com
Subject: Re: Tommy agrees with me

At 22:51 3/1/2002 -0800, you wrote:

>I don't happen to agree with how Obie is rotating players right now,
>but I' m not so stupid to think that that makes him an "idiot".  I
>invite people to quit calling names: it's not productive when we do it
>to other listmembers, and it's not productive when we do it to coaches
>or players.

After last night's game, I'm no longer angry at Obie or anyone else, I'm
very concerned. I'm not sure if it was the trade that screwed up the
chemistry, but the two events coincided. Of course, the slide also
coincided with playing top teams, or teams that have begun playing at
their true level of ability.  The Celtics are not playing defense as
hard as they were earlier, for whatever reason. And since it's a
non-linear phenomenon, a bit less effort on D results in disastrous
increases in opposition FG%. The rebounding has been disastrous. Pierce
has not been as assertive, and the new guys have not really filled the
gap on offense. Is it just a matter of integrating Delk and Rogers and
thus will straighten itself out with
time, or something more serious?
Kestas