re: DS stats/Battie

I left out the Kansas game stats because I didn't see any rebounding numbers.  That was probably because he was not the high rebounder vs. Kansas.  The least these numbers show is that he both rebounds and scores well.  Of the several games I saw, he managed his side of the lane well, both on offense and defense.  He got to the line a bunch and hit over 80%.  I think he's much more sturdy than Battie.  Battie is lithe, a leaper; Songaila would more likely hold his ground and bump you.  Not a leaper, and reportedly of slow feet, still he got the ball and he put it in the hole. This is no normal #50 pick. He won't be an all-star, but he is a player.  If DD or other Europeans are better, that's good for us, but this guy can play well enough to back up Battie/Walker.  And I would bet on him making it.  Gene

Thus,  Kenny, Cook

Pierce, Brown

Rodgers, Williams

Walker, Songaila