If I'm Miami, I'm Targeting Rogers/Strickland As Free Agents

If I'm Pat Riley, I'm targeting Rogers and Strickland as possible free
agent acquisitions. Rogers: a nice backup for Grant and Butler;
Strickland
gives you that hard-nosed Riley defense at PG.

You've got the Florida sun, the best illicit substances in the world,
hot women,
beaches, golf courses, warm weather, a team that can once again contend
in
the East, an owner willing to risk the luxury tax... damn lots of things
that
are attractive to veteran players.

And even better, you weaken an adversary in your own division. I love
that
cut throat type of GMing. Too bad the C's don't practice it.....

Now, if the Celtics lose Rogers/Strickland to Miami or points elsewhere,
I'd
probably take a shot at J.R. Bremer (they should invite him to
camp any ways) as Strickland's replacement, and go hard after
Ognjen Askrabic for some big time height, shooting, and athleticism
at SF. He can come off the bench for Pierce and Brown and
be a big time scorer/shooter/slasher. Hell, he might be a better
prospect than Brown.
Ray