Re: Ray's pick not coming to America

> Comments: After reading Juiceman Katz's notes yesterday, and him

> mentioning the Spurs being interested in Varejao with their first round pick, I
> knew

the gig was up.

Evidently, Anderson's agent couldn't get a concrete commitment that his
client would be drafted by the Spurs or another club in the first round along with
the
guaranteed contract - so he withdrew him.

Very sad. I was looking forward to a daily double of him and the
Brazilian Women's Soccer Team.

On Mark's comments about the C's taking a foreign player et al.:

- Makes sense, better chance of value. I will take a look at who's left
in the draft and compile a new list of possible choices.

- Watch out for the drifters. Some previously assumed first round locks are going
to visit the land of the non-guaranteed.

- Tom Clancy there is a real possibility for the C's. They can sell it as
they were interested in drafting him the year before with the 21st pick,
and now they got him way back in the second round. He's definitely
a talented player, and because of the long arms and athleticism, a better fit in
in the Celtics system than Ro
gers. He'll have to learn to take five to ten
three-pointers a game, but with Coach O'Brien running the show, it will come.
Ray