re: sophomores

Kim, good statement of the other side of the coin.  I've never coached beyond church league, so I have no idea whether giving Kedrick five or ten minutes a game (starting him for a while), or giving Forte no minutes at all can work.  I can accept that five minutes may bewilder a kid.  It probably depends on the kid and the situation.  We just won't know until this year unfolds.  I'm happy with the talent represented in these sophs, if impatient to see them get a chance.  If one of them shows his stuff, we're in for another good year.  I'm hopeful it'll be better than just one coming through..

I do think the criticism of Wallace is overblown.  His two choices made sense.  Auerbach's probably didn't, since Tinsley and Parker were still available.  Why try to teach a #2 to be a point, when two certifiable points are available?  We will still probably judge him on the Kedrick pick and only in a few years.

As to Caron Butler:  his game vs. Maryland was so big time that he can't be ignored.  Cheers, GK