and that's not all

I understand the excitement about J. Williams of Duke, but I see Stephon Marbury written all over him--immense talent, blazing speed, pg skills, but a ?, that's a big question to me about whether a shooting star at point can make an NBA team much better.  I wouldn't pass him up at #7 or #9, but #2??  The Bulls have our number anyway, so I don't fear his addition.  The other Dukie puzzles me, too.  He's scrawny and has ridden the Duke hype all the way to the #3 or #4 pick, it appears.  I think he's an excellent player, but he will be manhandled in the league with a frame that can only add a few pounds via muscle.  I certainly wouldn't take him over Gooden, C. Butler, and some others.  Of course, I would pass on Yao, too.  The most productive player I've seen is either Gooden or Butler, and with his size and rebounding ability, I would take Gooden first.

Normally, I think I know what I'm talking about at draft time; but I'm way off my feed on this one.  Maybe these remarks prove it.

Cheers, Gene   (Working on finding a good book for the first three hours of the draft).