RE: Results of athletic testing at Chicago camp

No question, Ray, athleticism isn't everything and Moiso is a perfect
example. I agree completely. Jared Jeffries and his Danny Manning-like game
will be great additions to the NBA, average athleticism or not.

But, like it or not, Wallace and Papile have placed a premium on becoming
more athletic. In theory, that's a good thing. But they have to identify
good athletes who also are good basketball players and not ignore good
basketball players who aren't necessarily great athletes.

Bremer is a guy with good size for a point guard, good strength, good
athleticism, pretty good shooting touch and who played well in Chicago. He
sounds a lot like Eric Strickland to me, and if you get a Strickland in the
second round, you're doing pretty well.

I just posted the info so it could be considered in the context of
everything else we hear in the next eight days. Chances are, the draft will
be an exercise in futility again. The Celts haven't shown a real acumen for
identifying good players even when they pick in the lottery, so I'm not
expecting a miracle at No. 50. But I enjoy the draft process anyway. They
better be taking the pick seriously, because there are some hidden gems out
there. Maybe one of these "athletes" will be the guy.

Mark

--- --- ---

Ray wrote:

If this was Track & Field, I'd say Bremer's your man, but it's basketball
and
weakling slowpoke Jared Jeffries will do well in the NBA. Hell,
I bet Moiso would have aced a lot of these tests, but if you're a dog,
and you lack desire, you're a dog.

One thing that I do get out of these results is the comparison between
Williams and Isiah
Thomas.  Both with great quickness and agility. I'd deal Walker pronto for
Jay Williams
soon to be just J. The great ones have short monikers....