Re: Untouchables

I'll play.

None of the players are untouchable when considering a trade for a true
franchise player like Russell.  This isn't a championship team, yet.

Closest are:  Pierce, Walker and Battie.  In that order. They are the three
players who can have the biggest impact on the team if they continue to
progress.  All three are young, all three have been together awhile now, all
three can play and all three are signed long-term.

I project all three will come into camp in the best shape of their
basketball life and will show continued progress.

I don't have much confidence in Wallace, so best to let the team grow
another year, see how they do and see what happens with next years picks and
cap space. Gaston should be shopping for a new management/scouting team this
year and be ready to pull the trigger before letting these guys blow another
draft opportunity.  He could just drafted the picks as projected by
NBADraft.net and have done better over the last few years. IMO.

<Jim

Kim asked:
>Who are the 3 players on the current Cs that you consider untouchable, not
to be traded, only to be traded for fully effective working adult clones of
Bird, McHale, and Russ. Something along those lines. And why?