Re: Ralph Nader

From: "James A. Hill" <jahill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I can only assume that Nader must smell money somewhere. A class action
suit by everyone who has watched a game? I thought Nader was leading the
charge against all those big bad food suppliers that sell food to people
that overeat and get fat? How dare they allow those people to buy food! His
posse of trial lawyers must need new BMW's again. What a sad sign.
Well, as long as this is a political discussion list now... .

Yeah, right -- Ralph Nader, slave to the almighty dollar and corporate pimp. You bet. Whether or not someone who has, and probably will, run for President ought to be sending letters to sports leagues about the refs (I confess I think not), is beside the point. Perhaps I should respond similarly:

Actually, I thought Nader would be too busy pointing out the complete misuse of public trust that is the Enron scandal, or the way our government is in the pocket of big business (specifically the business of energy production -- which given our current state of foolishness about non-petroleum-based energy sources is known by another name: Big Oil. Perhaps the oil company CEOs, CFOs, COOs, and other acronyms needed a few more Ferrari's (or do they only "Buy American" because they are so damned patriotic?). Perhaps they just get a kick out of having the country dependent on a fuel source that is mostly found in the biggest hotspot in our modern world, all while they make their money? The country's leaders put commercials on TV saying that if you use illegal drugs you are supporting terrorists, while turning around and giving terrorists millions of dollars for their oil.

I'm so glad some "real man" like George Bush, Junior is in office, as opposed to a "marxist" like Nader. Goddamn him for pointing out the fallacies of the corporate (sub-)culture. I'd much rather have a good lapdog like a Bush (any Bush will do, really) in office. He takes orders from Dick Cheney so much easier. I love Enronica.

(Sarcasm aside, I do think Ralph Nader has more important things to do than go after David Stern. Looks like I'm one of the few who can say that and *not* be facetious, though.)

Bird

ObBasketball: Is there an NBA Finals game on tonight? I hadn't noticed. Who can a good Celts fan root for? No one, really. The Lakers? Thanks for the laugh. The Nets? Too soon, too raw: I'd probably bust my TV set the first time pansy-boy started blowing kisses at the free throw line. Ah, well, lot's of soccer on TV right now. I hate soccer.

Maybe when they're done drilling for the few drops of oil in Alaska, Stern will propose ML Carr and Larry Bird for ownership of the Alaska Refineries -- the new NBA franchise?

Black gold. Texas tea.